If you are a manager of a business Unit and your team consistently has issues successfully executing projects, there are five key questions to explore:
- Do you feel the team is really capable of doing better?
- Do you really have the talent needed to support your unit’s responsibilities?
- Is your unit’s teamwork functioning or has it been a bit rocky?
- Are there any specific “skill sets” needed and does your team have them?
- Are there one or more members of the team under-performing or causing issues with the team performance?
If you make a candid assessment of each of these questions, you may uncover a place to start making needed improvements,