Dealing with Project Roadblocks
When a manager is faced with developing, organizing and delegating important assignments to a team or work Unit, there may be hidden issues that should be thought through. Anytime you have a group of hardworking, ambitious and talented people together, there are always issues that exist to one degree or another.
When putting the team together and thinking about who to assign action steps to and which people will need to work together, it would be well to ask yourself some very effective questions before finalizing assignments:
Evaluating Personnel for the Project
- Have the members of this team worked together before?
- If yes, were there any issues on the last project that should be taken into consideration?
- Are there any obvious “inter-personal” conflicts among the team?
- Are there people who work very well together that could be a good sub-team for important action steps?
- Do you have any new people to the team that should be paired with proven mentors on the team?
It is the wise manager or Executive who pauses to ask these type of questions before finalizing the work assignments.